The 2018 TransCape
In 2018 we have two entry options.
GUEST HOUSE/HOTEL PREMIER PACKAGE: R33 500 per person.
The evening function experience for our premier package of 120 riders will remain as is and you can look forward to the same world-class food, hospitality, décor, host, and highlights broadcast.
LUXURY TENTED PACKAGE: R23 000 per person
The luxury tented guys will likely dine with the guest house/hotel crew at four of the venues (Gondwana Game Reserve, Wilderness Hotel, Riversdal and Houwhoek Inn) while on the other two evenings we’ll offer a simpler dinner for the tented guys so that they can chill out into the evening. They will also have a dedicated MC and TV screens which will project highlights of the day’s action.
Registration: 3 February 2018 (Knysna)
Race: 4-10 February 2018
2 Person Teams (Men, Ladies and Mixed) or Solo
Men, Ladies and Mixed
* Please note: Solo entrants will share accommodation with another solo entrant of the same gender
- Seven days of awesome mountain biking
- Stunning race pack featuring a stylish 90L Helly Hansen duffel bag, Helly Hansen Jacket and Rudy Project eyewear.
- Three meals a day (see below)
- Snack table throughout the day
- Fully stocked water points
- Tech zones (normally at WP2 each day with basic spares and lube)
- First aid and off road rescue teams on route and at start/finish venues.
* A race doctor will be on site.
- Sweep vehicles, backup vehicles and our legendary sweep cyclists
- All accommodation during race week (6 nights total)
- Accommodation during race week in great hotels, lodges and guest houses and for the luxury tented accommodation, the following:
- The Safari tents feature two comfortable single beds with mattresses, ¾ pure white 200 thread count white linen, soft duvets and pillows, bed side tables, electric lanterns, blankets, carpets and chairs and towels.
The tents also include a hand basin as well as a hand towel and to round things off 1 bottle of water per person will be placed in tents.
This means there is no need for riders to bring any linen or lights, and there is even a camp chair outside on which to enjoy the beautiful sunsets.
- Hosted by TransCape MCs Gerald de Kock and Johnny Koen
- Food by celebrity chef Nic van Wyk and other great local guest chefs.
- Breakfast (Served every morning at your guesthouse, hotel or at the race village for tented entrants)
- Lunch (Served at each day’s finish venue)
- All transfers between finish venues, accommodation and evening functions IN LUXURY VOLVO XC90 SUV’s!
* Please note that you won’t have access to those bags during race week.
- Bike rinse and lube after each stage
* Additional mechanical services, repairs, spare parts, etc. will be charged by the bike service teams.
* Full bike maintenance packages will be available to purchase prior the event from various service providers. Full details to follow later.
What is excluded?
- Accommodation the night before the race starts (registration day) and accommodation after stage 7 in Franschhoek. Accommodation only included as per the 6 nights specified above.
- Bike maintenance, repairs and spare parts
- Massages: to be booked directly with our official physio team
- Any medical costs other than routine first aid. It is imperative that you have your own medical aid in order
- Additional transfers: I.e. should you withdraw from the event for whatever reason and need to be transferred to the nearest airport or some other location
*** Our transfers partner ‘Tours4SA’ will be able to provide this service and any cost need to be settled directly with them.
- Event pictures: there will be an option on the entry form to order a memory stick with event pictures additionally.